The Commissioner of Police in Gombe State, Mr Shina Olukolu, on Thursday said the police have arrested four suspected drug barons in Gombe.
Olukolu, who said this in a statement issued in Gombe, said the suspects were arrested with large quantities of assorted hard drugs.
He said the drugs were sold mainly to criminals and other social miscreants popularly known as ‘Yankalare’, adding that these boys were being used by politicians as political thugs.
“I am pleased to report that four suspected drug barons have been arrested based on a processed credible information and accurate intelligence by our surveillance personnel.
“ These suspects sell these drugs mainly to criminal elements and other element social miscreants popularly called ‘Yankalare’ or ‘Kalare boys’ who are usually used as thugs during political activities.
“Exhibits recovered from them include 12,100 tablets of 5mg Vallium D5, 900 tablets of 225mg of Tramadol, 538 tablets of 5mg Dizapam, and 83 tablets of 5m Exzol.
“Others are 22 bottles of 100ml Codeine syrup and 10 litres of Suck and Die liquid’’, he said.
The commissioner said the suspects would soon be charged to court.
He assured that the police would continue to check the illegal activities of drug smugglers and peddlers in the state.
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants