France’s President, Emmanuel Macron has tested positive for Covid-19, the Elysee Palace said in a press release on Thursday December 17.
“The President of the Republic has been diagnosed positive for Covid-19 today,” the statement read.
It said the president was diagnosed after he was tested “at the onset of the first symptoms.”
The brief statement did not give details of the symptoms the French president was experiencing.
“In accordance with current health regulations applicable to all, the President of the Republic will isolate himself for 7 days. He continues to work and carry out his activities remotely.”
France has switched from a strict lockdown to a curfew this week and will be easing restrictions further for the Christmas holidays.
There have been two million confirmed cases in the country since the epidemic began, with more than 59,400 deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies
- Commissioner kidnapped in Benue