The Federal Road Safety Corps ( FRSC ), Bayelsa Sector Command on Wednesday, promised to deploy at least, 200 officers and 300 Special Marshals to various highways in the state to improve safety of life during the Yuletide season.
The Sector Commander for the state, Mr Ikechukwu Igwe, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria ( NAN ) in Yenagoa.
‘’We are going to deploy 200 personnel and 300 Special Marshals who will be on patrol at strategic corridors,’’ he said.
Igwe said that the deployment of the personnel was also to ensure free flow of traffic, especially at the different identified flash points in the area.
He decried the rate of death arising from road crashes in the state and reiterated the corps’ commitment to safety on the road, during and after the yuletide season.
“Our main focus is going to be on the highway, which is the east-west road that links Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta and other states across the country.
“The FRSC is a partner in progress with other security agencies, including the Police, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps ( NSCDC ), the Bayelsa Security Management Agency among others.
’’We are going to work with them in order to achieve the desired success. “Our emergency and medical team are available.
“I urge motorists to drive according to traffic rules and regulations.
‘’They should avoid speeding, overloading, drink-driving and ensure that their vehicles are in good condition before driving them on the highways. “This year’s campaign is targeting operation zero crash,” he said.
On safety awareness, Igwe said the corps had sustained its enlightenment campaign on tips to ensure safe driving culture and for the motorists to be safety conscious on the wheel.
“Our campaign has gone to the grassroots; we have had series of sensitisation programmes with the Tricycle Operators and NURTW within and outside the state capital. I believe all the road users are going to cooperate with us during the season.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign