The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Ogun Command, says it has commenced the enforcement of the ban on SPY number plates in the state.
The Sector Commander of FRSC, Mr Ahmed Umar, said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Ota, Ogun, on Tuesday.
The Inspector-General of Police (I-G), Mr Usman Baba, had on Wednesday banned the issuance and use of SPY number plates nationwide.
“The FRSC has commenced the enforcement of the order that banned the use of SPY number plates in the state.
“We are joining hands with the Police Force to enforce the order,” Umar said.
The sector commander lamented that some motorists were using the SPY and other authorised number plates to violate traffic rules and regulations.
Umar reiterated the commitment of the corps to continue to synergise with the Police to sustain the operation.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Aisha Wakil a.ka. ‘Mama Boko Haram, 2 others sentenced to 7yrs jailterm
- Cameroon seeks AIB-N support on aircraft accident investigation
- Professionalism, training motivation, support are catalyst for transformed education system– Stakeholders
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting