Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Mahmood
Yakubu has said that the logistics arrangement for the general elections scheduled to hold on February 25 and March 11, might be affected by the current fuel scarcity in the country.
Speaking at a consultative meeting with transport unions such as the Nigerian Association of Road Transport Owners (NARTO), the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), amongst others on Tuesday, January 31, Mahmood said the commission will meet the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited to look into ways to ameliorate the situation.
The INEC Chairman said;
“The commission shares your concern about the fuel situation in the country and its impact on transportation on election day.
“The truth is that our arrangement may be negatively affected by the non-availability of products.
“For this reason, the commission will this afternoon meet the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited to look into ways to ameliorate this situation.?”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- CBN releases cash, orders banks to operate on weekends
- Supreme Court opens up on CJN trip, meeting Tinubu
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents