Late Oba Charles Oladele Ibitoye
The final funeral rites for the late Oba Charles Ibitoye, Olomu of Omu-Aran in the Irepodun local government Area of Kwara State, has been fixed for April 14.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Oba Ibitoye died on Dec. 1, 2017, at the age of 64.
Mr Muyiwa Oladipo, the Chairman of Irepodun Local Government Council, announced the funeral date while inaugurating a 40-member funeral committee.
It was gathered that the funeral programme is expected to witness a church service at the Anglican Cathedral Church, Omu-Aran, followed by a reception.
Inaugurating the committee in Omu-Aran on Thursday, Oladipo urged members to put in their best and come up with a funeral befitting the status of the late Ibitoye as a first class monarch.
Oladipo, who said the community was still in shock and grief over the monarch’s death, said the entire community was consoled that the late Olomu left behind exemplary legacies while his reign lasted.
“This committee has been put in place to give our late monarch a memorable funeral to depict maximum love and respect as our tradition,” the chairman added.
Chief Festus Awoniyi, Chief Petu of Omu-Aran and representative of the Olomu-in-council, expressed the support of the council to the committee in order to achieve the desired objective.
He described the committee members as people of proven quality, competency, integrity and transparency.
On his part, Chief Bisi Adeyemi, President, Omu-Aran Development Association (ODA), expressed the confidence of the association in the ability of the committee to deliver as planned.
He solicited the cooperation of the indigenes and non-indigenes in the area in making the committee assignment less stressful and successful.
Chairmen of the ad-hoc committees are Otunba Bayo Sanni for Fund Raising; Mr Kayode Awotunde – Publicity; Chief S.T. Oyebanji – Venue; Prof. (Mrs) Olasehinde Williams – Entertainment; and Gen. Yemi Abidoye (rtd) – Security.
Others are Mr Ademola Olanrewaju – Cultural; Alhaji Bisi Salami – Accommodation; Mr Job Afolayan – Budget as well as the medical team from Irepodun Local Government
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC
- Unilorin ASUU protest alleged casualisation of intellectual workers
- Tinubu will run an all-inclusive government, says PCC
- London museum returns looted Benin bronzes to Nigeria
- Fire guts 150 shops in Kachako Market in Kano State
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy