Morocco’s 33-28 point win over DR Congo today at this year’s Africa Handball Nations Cup taking place in Libreville, Gabon has put Nigeria in a precarious position.
With the win, the Moroccans now occupy the fourth position in Group B, while Nigeria who the North African play together, is rooted to the bottom of the group with no point from three games.
The Nigerian team must beat Morocco tomorrow to stand a chance of qualifying for the quarter-final.
In today’s game, Morocco won the first half 18-13 while the second stanza ended 15-15 with a cumulative score of 33-28 in favour of Morocco.
The Congolese came back strong in the second half, but the deficit they incurred in the first half was too much for them to overturn.
The Congolese also have one win from three games and will take on Egypt in the last group game.
The Congolese have a goal difference of +2 and a decent performance against the Egyptians (even if they lose) will see them through to the quarter-final.
The Nigerian side, under the watch of Mgor Michael Taangahar, also has a goal difference of -25 and may not scale through if they fail to beat Morocco by a wide margin.
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78