Alh. Buba Galadima, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has slammed the ruling party for not holding a Board of Trustees (BOT) meeting as constitutionally required.
He disclosed this while speaking with the BBC Hausa Service, during which he said the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), should have seized the party’s certificate of registration over its failure to hold a Board of Trustees (BoT) meeting, which is contrary to the APC constitution.
The party chieftain also condemned the party’s failure to carry along members in decision making processes. Read also: 50% of Nigerian teachers are not qualified to teach—Council
“APC does not deserve to be a political party; its constitution clearly states that the BoT, the National Executive Committee (NEC) and the National Working Committee must meet once every three months,” Galadima said.
“Now, since the registration of the party, was there any time that the BoT met? The party never referred to its founding fathers to gauge their mood and to know their feelings on whether it is on the right track or not.
“I’m one of the nine people who signed the MoU for the establishment of APC based on certain agreements and ground rules. Sadly, none of these promises have been met and Nigerians cannot endure uncertainty anymore. Read also: US forbids Nigeria’s Yam over poor quality, FG to investigate
“I detest a situation whereby some people would hang the survival of APC on one individual; the party belongs to all of us, Nigerians. Politics and political power are transient and we must look ahead of time.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment