The Kano State Governor, Dr Abdullahi Ganduje, has approved the appointment of Guardian Newspaper Correspondent in Kano, Malam Abba Anwar, as his new Chief Press Secretary.
The state Commissioner for Information, Malam Mohammed Garba, announced the appointment in a statement he issued to newsmen on Tuesday in Kano.
Garba said the appointment of Anwar was necessary so as to ejuvenate the governor’s media team to be more proactive, robust and efficient.
He also announced the elevation of Salihu Yakasai as Special Adviser on Social Media to the governor and Aminu Yassar as Director General, Media and Communications.
He noted that before their elevation, Yakasai and Yassar were the erstwhile Director General Media and Communications and Press Secretary to the Governor respectively.
He said all the appointments are with immediate effect.
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC
- Unilorin ASUU protest alleged casualisation of intellectual workers
- Tinubu will run an all-inclusive government, says PCC
- London museum returns looted Benin bronzes to Nigeria
- Fire guts 150 shops in Kachako Market in Kano State
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy