Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State, has directed that the Sani Abacha Stadium and other government facilities be made available to all political parties for their electioneering campaigns for 2023 poll.
This is contained in a statement by the state’s Commissioner for Information, Malam Muhammad Garba on Monday in Kano.
Garba said that the gesture was due to government’s commitment to ensure a level playing ground for all political parties in the state.
“The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kano state believes that as citizens, the opposition elements have right to use public property for the conduct of campaign,” he said.
Garba, also the spokesperson for Gawuna/Garo Campaign Council, said however, that the parties must be cleared by security agencies before being allowed to access such facilities like the stadium.
He said the state government remained consistent in its policy of giving equal right as mark of its respect for democratic ideals.
Garba also expressed the hope that the parties would conduct their campaign rallies peacefully.
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants