Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State, on Saturday, presented Staff of Office to the Emir of Bichi, Alhaji Nasiru Ado-Bayero, as the second Emir of Bichi.
ROYAL NEWS recalls that Bichi was among the newly created emirates by Ganduje’s administration.
Other newly created emirates were Rano, Gaya and Karaye, in addition to the existing Kano Emirate Council.
The Emir, on Friday, married off his daughter to the son of President Muhammadu Buhari, Yusuf.
Speaking after presenting the staff of office to the Emir, Ganduje said the state government appreciated the contributions, being rendered by traditional institutions in promoting peace and stability in the state.
Ganduje said the contributions made by traditional institutions, made the administration to create the additional emirates, with a view to extending development to grassroot areas.
He urged the Emir and other Emirs in the state, to continue to assist the government in providing security for lives and property.
The governor urged the Emir to remain a father to all his subjects without discrimination.
In his acceptance speech, the new Emir, promised to be just and fair to all people in the emirate.
Ado-Bayero urged the people of the emirate to intensify efforts in enrolling their children into the basic education system.
He called on government and other development partners, to continue to contribute their quota in addressing desertification.
‘I am calling on people to plant trees, enroll their children in schools and report suspicious persons to the traditional institutions and relevant security agencies for prompt action,” he said.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the emir was presented with traditional instruments of office.
The event was attended by ministers, state governors, traditional rulers, members of national and state assemblies.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud