Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila, on Monday in Abuja, inaugurated three committees entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring the smooth take-off of proceedings in the House.
The committees, constituted on June 13, are the Selection Committee headed by the Speaker, and ad-hoc committees on Welfare and Media chaired by Wale Raji (APC-Lagos) and Khadijat Abbah-Ibrahim (APC-Yobe), respectively.
The welfare committee is expected to allocate offices and make sitting arraignments for members while the ad hoc committee on media will interface with the public on behalf of the house.
The selection committee will decide on selections of members and chairmen of standing committees of the house.
Gbajabiamila said that though the tasks were enormous, the committees were expected to discharge their duties within the next seven days.
The speaker said that he and the Deputy Speaker, Idris Wase would go round to inspect the work done three days to the resumption of the House on July 2.
Responding, Rep. Henry Archibong (PDP-Akwa Ibom), a member of the welfare committee, promised that they would deliver on the mandate given to them.
Archibong thanked the speaker for hitting the ground running after his election and entrusting the members with the responsibilities.
He disclosed that the members were happy that Gbajabiamila emerged as the speaker and were ready to work with him for the progress of the assembly and the entire country.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation