The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila on Friday said that both chambers of the National Assembly will ensure timely passage of the 2023 budget, presented to it today by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Gbajabiamila who gave the assurance while delivering his vote of thanks at the budget presentation, however said they won’t in the quest for timely passage fail to do due diligence to the consideration of the Bill.
He warned all Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDAs) that the lawmakers expect accountability of their previous expenditure, adding that they will demand for it, if it’s not provided
He also called for an end to crude oil theft, saying that Nigerians are eager to see what the government is doing to end the menace.
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC