The Chairman of the Gbenga Power Foundation, Honourable Gbenga Power Oyekunle has described the conferment of the traditional title of “Shettima of Okuta” Kingdom in Baruten Local Government Area of Kwara State on Mallam AbdulAzeez Arowona as as a honour well deserved.
Honourable Gbenga Power in a statement says that the recognition of Mallam Arowona by the people of Okuta Emirate did not come as a surprise because the recipient of the traditional title has proven himself as a man of impeccable character.
According to the statement, “Since I came across Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, my perception changed completely about journalists because of the way he is practicing the profession with utmost sense of passion, commitment, and high sense of responsibility”.
The Chairman of Gbenga Power Foundation said the new Shettima of Okuta has been able to create a niche for himself as a journalist and had gone a step further with unbeatable reach of the online media platform which has stand him out.
Honourable Gbenga Power observed that conferring the title of “Shettima Okuta” on a revered young journalist from Kwara Central in the Northern part of the state has further demonstrated the peaceful coexistence among people of the state.
” Kwara State consists of people with diverse cultural and religious backgrounds across its length and breadth; conferment of the traditional title of Shettima Okuta by the people of Okuta in Baruten Local Government is a true reflection that Kwara is indeed a state of Harmony as it is known in public parlance and I pray we maintain this spirit “
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules