The Chairman of the Gbenga Power Foundation, Honourable Gbenga Power Oyekunle has described the conferment of the traditional title of “Shettima of Okuta” Kingdom in Baruten Local Government Area of Kwara State on Mallam AbdulAzeez Arowona as as a honour well deserved.
Honourable Gbenga Power in a statement says that the recognition of Mallam Arowona by the people of Okuta Emirate did not come as a surprise because the recipient of the traditional title has proven himself as a man of impeccable character.
According to the statement, “Since I came across Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, my perception changed completely about journalists because of the way he is practicing the profession with utmost sense of passion, commitment, and high sense of responsibility”.
The Chairman of Gbenga Power Foundation said the new Shettima of Okuta has been able to create a niche for himself as a journalist and had gone a step further with unbeatable reach of the online media platform which has stand him out.
Honourable Gbenga Power observed that conferring the title of “Shettima Okuta” on a revered young journalist from Kwara Central in the Northern part of the state has further demonstrated the peaceful coexistence among people of the state.
” Kwara State consists of people with diverse cultural and religious backgrounds across its length and breadth; conferment of the traditional title of Shettima Okuta by the people of Okuta in Baruten Local Government is a true reflection that Kwara is indeed a state of Harmony as it is known in public parlance and I pray we maintain this spirit “
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Cultist suspect who killed to gain promotion, women, others remanded in prison
- Don’t hold rallies in Abia, IPOB warns APC aspirant
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement on Okada ban
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents
- Experts, veterans charge journalists on professionalism
- Zamfara APC reconciliation not on personal interest, says ex Gov. Yari
- Ekiti guber race: APC constitutes 61-member campaign council
- Ahmed Lawan, Orji Kalu visit Katsina ahead of APC presidential primaries
- FAAN inaugurates App for airport taxi