The Chairman of the Gbenga Power Foundation, Honourable Gbenga Power Oyekunle has described the conferment of the traditional title of “Shettima of Okuta” Kingdom in Baruten Local Government Area of Kwara State on Mallam AbdulAzeez Arowona as as a honour well deserved.
Honourable Gbenga Power in a statement says that the recognition of Mallam Arowona by the people of Okuta Emirate did not come as a surprise because the recipient of the traditional title has proven himself as a man of impeccable character.
According to the statement, “Since I came across Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, my perception changed completely about journalists because of the way he is practicing the profession with utmost sense of passion, commitment, and high sense of responsibility”.
The Chairman of Gbenga Power Foundation said the new Shettima of Okuta has been able to create a niche for himself as a journalist and had gone a step further with unbeatable reach of the online media platform which has stand him out.
Honourable Gbenga Power observed that conferring the title of “Shettima Okuta” on a revered young journalist from Kwara Central in the Northern part of the state has further demonstrated the peaceful coexistence among people of the state.
” Kwara State consists of people with diverse cultural and religious backgrounds across its length and breadth; conferment of the traditional title of Shettima Okuta by the people of Okuta in Baruten Local Government is a true reflection that Kwara is indeed a state of Harmony as it is known in public parlance and I pray we maintain this spirit “
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC
- Unilorin ASUU protest alleged casualisation of intellectual workers
- Tinubu will run an all-inclusive government, says PCC
- London museum returns looted Benin bronzes to Nigeria
- Fire guts 150 shops in Kachako Market in Kano State
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy
- Gov. Zulum appoints 7 Permanent Secretaries