A leading Telecoms network, Globacom has distanced itself from reports which insinuated that it was the preferred bidder to acquire the telecommunications company, 9Mobile.
Globacom, on Friday disclosed that it has not acquired 9Mobile as widely reported in the media.
According to the company, “We are bound by the terms of the acquisition process as stipulated by the authorities handling it and we will not in any way sway or deviate from the rules.
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) said on Thursday that the takeover of 9mobile will not take place on January 16 contrary to media reports.
According to the commission, only the deadline for the receipt of binding offers from the prospective bidders close on Tuesday, but the takeover wouldn’t happen that day.
The NCC in a statement yesterday said contrary to speculations that a winner would be announced on the same day [January 16, 2018], the preferred bidder would only be announced after recommendations from the “9mobile Interim Board.”
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG