A renown media personality, Mr. Kayode Aremu, has been appointed as the new General Manager of the Kwara state broadcasting corporation, popularly called Radio Kwara.
Aremu was until a few days ago the General Manager of the private radio station Sobi FM. His appointment takes immediate effect, according to a statement early Friday by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor Rafiu Ajakaye.
The statement said the appointment is based on Aremu’s track records of achievements in the broadcast industry and professional acumen in particular.
“Mr. Aremu perfectly fits into the vision of the Governor to equip, project, and rebrand Radio Kwara as the number one radio station in not just the state but in the entire north central region,” the statement added.
Born in 1968, Kayode Aremu hails from Ilorin, Kwara State capital.
Aremu has a rich background in the media world as a crack reporter whose professional experiences spanned broadcast and print media, including working with the British Broadcast Corporation as a stringer who coordinated reports for the global outfit from Nigeria’s oil rich Delta region between 2012 and 2014.
His professional career traversed the Sunray Newspaper in Port Harcourt (NYSC); PM News (Staff Reporter); The News (Staff Reporter/Researcher); City People (Senior Staff Writer); Magnus Pix Ilorin (Manager, Operations); Radio Kwara (Editorial); STV/Rhythm 95.7FM (Head of News); Radio Port Harcourt (Director of News); BBC (Stringer); and Sobi FM (General Manager) which he brought to stardom.
Aremu speaks English, Hausa, and Yoruba. He attended Airforce Primary School Kaduna; Government Secondary School Ilorin; Kwara State Polytechnic (A Levels); and University of Ilorin (B.A. English).
- Wike donates N70million to families of three slain police officers
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed