Gov Abdulrazaq breaks jinx, visits Kwara NUJ centre (PHOTOS)
The Kwara State Governor, Mallam AbdulRahman AbdulRasaq on Tuesday paid a surprise visit to the secretariat of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, (NUJ) Kwara State Council.
ROYAL NEWS reports that with the visit, Abdulrazaq has written his name in gold, being the first sitting governor to visit the pen house since Nigeria’s return to democratic rule about 21 years ago.
The humble governor came into the NUJ press centre with only two aides, his hard working Chief press Secretary, Rafiu Ajakaye and a security attache.
The governor and members of his entourage were driven in one single car and there was no blaring of siren during their entry and exit of the press centre.
Governor Abdulrazaq told his host ; the State NUJ Chairman, Umar Abdulwahab and a few journalists who were at the press centre at the time of the visit that he came to assess the state of the NUJ structure.
The governor who later moved round to assess every building within the press centre, promised to look into the issue of rehabilitating the dilapidated structure.
Responding, the elated council Chairman who said he was humbled by the governor’s interest in the growth and development of NUJ members in the state, thanked the governor for the visit and assured him of the continued support and cooperation of Journalists in the state.
The host Chairman, Umar Abdulwahab, intimated the governor that his CPS Rafiu Ajakaye had since assumption of office maintained a very cordial relationship with the NUJ.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- DSS confirms plot by disgruntled elements for Interim Government
- Naira gains, exchanges N461.24 against dollar
- Buhari approves appointment of 6 new Perm Secs.
- Gawuna accepts defeat, congratulates Kano Gov-elect
- Senate urges banks to resume operations in Akwa Ibom
- Man arrested for allegedly raping 9-month-old baby in Lagos
- One Judge dismissed, two others demoted in Niger state
- OYO SUBEB Monitors Unified Exams
- I won’t run from EFCC after handover — Wike
- NASS prescribes 5-yr jail term for defaulters in Fed Audit Bill