Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq of Kwara has set up a 6-man commission of inquiry to investigate the sale and unlawful acquisition of government properties between May 29, 1999 and May 29, 2019.
The governor made this known a statement on Tuesday by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Rafiu Ajakaye, and made available to News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ilorin.
He said the commission would be chaired by Justice Olabanji Orilonishe (rtd) and other members included Job Kolawole Buremoh, Isiaka AbdulKarem, Safiya Usman, Alhaji Salihu Yaru and Muhammed Baba Orire as the Secretary.
AbdulRazaq said that the commission would be empowered to hold public hearings involving various stakeholders and persons who might have benefited from the sale or acquisition of the properties.
He said, ”The term of reference of the commission include to identify Kwara government’s properties including shares, stocks and bonds sold, disposed of or unlawfully acquired between May 29, 1999 and May 29, 2019.
“Examine the rationale behind the sale, disposal or acquisition of the properties and determine whether there was compliance with the existing guidelines, rules and regulations governing the sale, disposal, or acquisition of government properties.
“Determine whether the disposal of government owned shares, stocks and bonds were done in the best interest of the state.
“Make recommendations in respect of recovering the government properties wrongfully sold or disposed of or unlawfully acquired.”
AbdukRazaq said that the commission were expected to recommend appropriate sanctions against persons involved in the wrongful disposal or unlawful acquisition of such properties.
The governor said it would also put appropriate measures in place to protect government properties against indiscriminate sale, disposal or unlawful acquisition in future. (NAN)
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra