Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun has approved the appointment of five new permanent secretaries in the state civil service.
This is contained in a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Kunle Somorin, on Friday in Abeokuta.
Somorin said that the new appointees would fill the existing vacancies in the public service.
According to o him, seniority, merit, professionalism and inclusiveness were considered in appointing the new permanent secretaries.
The CPS said that the governor relied on the provision of Section 208 (c) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) for the appointments.
He listed the new permanent secretaries as Mr Sakirudeen Salaam,Mr Adesoji Adewuyi, Mr Hammed Ojo, Mr Adesina Towolawi and Dr. Olayinka Elemide.
Somorin said governor ,while congratulating the appointees, urged them to brace up for the challenges of their positions and apply themselves diligently to the ”Building Our Future Together” agenda of his administration.
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants