Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State has sworn in ten new permanent secretaries with the charge to uphold their oath of office and exhibit diligence, prudence, accountability and transparency in their operations.
The Governor gave the charge as he swore-in the newly appointed permanent secretaries at Government House in Ilorin, the State capital on Wednesday.
Alhaji Ahmed charged the appointees to see their appointments as an opportunity to serve and contribute their quota to the development of the State.
He reminded them that they are coming on board at a time of resources constraints occasioned by contractions in the national economy, stressing that his administrationn will discipline any civil servant who indulges in corruption, wastage and favouritism.
He noted that the civil service, being an engine room of the government, plays vital roles in ensuring that government policies and programmes are implemented to the latter.
See pictures below :
He therefore urged the secretaries to provide quality leadership in their various Ministries, Departments and Agencies of posting
Governor Ahmed further disclosed that the government’s implicit confidence in the civil service informed the huge investment in capacity building and infrastructure to create the appropriate environment for the attainment of his administration’s development goals.
In his vote of thanks on behalf of his colleagues, Alhaji Yinusa Tajudeen Adebayo, Permanent Secretary, Establishment and Training, Governor’s Office, appreciated the governor for the appointment and promised to justify the confidence reposed in them.
He also appreciated the Ahmed-led administration for the elevating them to the peak of their careers.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that those sworn in include Yusuf Garba Manjo; Ministry of Works and Transport, kperogi Halimat Jummai; Ministry of Art and Culture, Oyelowo Abdulazeez Tayo; Ministry of Planning, Yinusa Tajudeen Adebayo, Establishment and Training, Alh. Ahmed Salihu M.; State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB).
Others are Saad Ola Haliru; Ministry of Industry, Ogunwole Sunday Moses; Ministry of Energy, Toyin Ahmeed Lawal; Ministry of Woment Affairs, Alh Iliyasu Tsoda Idris, Service Welfare, Amosa Isiaka Al-Amin; Ministry of Environment and Forestry.
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74
- Tinubu for nationwide address on Nigeria @ 63
- Nigeria At 63: We Are On Track For Economic Recovery, Says Obasa
- Nigeria Undoubtedly On Path To Greatness Despite Challenges –Lawan