Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed has condemned the attack on worshippers on the eve of the new year along Ibrahim Taiwo road in Ilorin.
Gov Ahmed in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Abdulwahaab Oba described the dastardly attack as criminal, satanic and alien to the state, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Governor Ahmed, who commended those who made efforts to protect some of the victims regardless of their religious inclination, called on security agencies to immediately launch investigation into the incident and unravel the perpetrators of the unholy act with a view to bringing the culprits to book.
According to the governor, “peace is sine qua non for the development of any society and the government will not tolerate any act capable of breaching peace, unity and tranquility of the state”.
The governor called on the people of the state to imbibe spirit of tolerance and harmonious relationship for sustainance of growth and economic development in the state.
Governor Ahmed also called on parents and guardians to monitor their wards with a view to curtailing their likely excesses.
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC
- Unilorin ASUU protest alleged casualisation of intellectual workers
- Tinubu will run an all-inclusive government, says PCC
- London museum returns looted Benin bronzes to Nigeria
- Fire guts 150 shops in Kachako Market in Kano State
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy