Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed has congratulated the Vice-Chancellor, University of Ilorin, Professor Sulyman Age Abdulkareem over his appointment and assumption of duty as the new helmsman of the institution.
The Governor, in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Alhaji Abdulwahab Oba, described Prof Abdulkareem as a tested administrator and academic of high repute whose appointment will not only sustain the successes of his predecessors but record new milestones in the better by far University. “This appointment is a well deserved one”, the governor said.
Dr Ahmed assured the university of his administration’s support and cooperation, especially in the areas of human capital development and research on agricultural practice and sustainable energy.
The governor who also congratulated the former Vice Chancellor, Prof AbdulGaniyu Ambali for ensuring that the institution maintained a stable academic calender, among other achievements, prayed God to see the new vice chancellor through in his new but familiar position of responsibility to his fatherland and humanity, and to grant him strength, wisdom and more knowledge to achieve his goals.
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project
- 2023: Why Nigerians should elect Tinubu — Lagos BRT boss
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people