By Arowona Abdulazeez
Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed has observed that the current economic recession in the country is an impetus for those who can think outside box for sustainable development and economic growth.
The Governor who made this observation in Ilorin when he received Nollywood actors and actresses, led by producer, Lasore films and movie production, Mr Lasun Ray, said governance is not about resources but resourcefulness. According to Gov Ahmed, “there is gold on the streets of Nigeria for those who can open their eyes. The current situation has, in deed, separated men from boys.”
“As a state”, the governor continued, “we reformed our revenue collection mechanism and came up with novel funding model to get our State to a level where we comfortably fund our projects and still able to meet basic necessities of governance.”
According to Gov Ahmed, entertainment is a critical social factor and a platform for information and communication strategies. “You are very critical in any developmental agenda,” the governor said, stating further that the guild of actors should be seen as part and parcel of governance.
“I am happy that those of you have taken your area of interest to contribute your quote to not only moulding the country but also helping as a potential platform for youths to grow to be better citizens,” he said.
Governor Ahmed promised continued partnership with the actors to explore other areas of mutually beneficial relationship and strengthen dividends of democracy to the people.
Earlier, the leader of the team, Mr Lasun Ray said they were in government house to show appreciation for the administration’s support to the industry, particularly in the areas of art and culture
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies