The Kwara State House of Assembly has resolved to host the State Governor Alh. Abdul Fatah Ahmed to present 2017 budget at the floor of the House on Thursday .
The Resolution followed the presentation of the Governor’s message by the Speaker ,Dr. Ali Ahmad at the floor of the House.
The Speaker while reading the resolution of the House, said section 121 of the 1999 Constitution, empowers the Governor to lay the budget estimate before the end of the year, for legislative approval and urged Members to allow him, present the next year’s appropriation bill before the House tomorrow at 11a.m.
The House Leader Hon Hassan Oyeleke, members representing Oke Ogun and Kaiama/Kemanji/Wajibe Constituencies Barrister Kamaldeen Fagbemi and Hon Ahmed Ibn Mohammed emphasized the importance of timing to effective implementation of Budget to enhance the well-being of the People of the State.
Earlier, the Governor had in his message to the Speaker, said to ensure effective running of government apparatus in 2017, the budget proposal for 2017 had been prepared and ready for submission to the House for legislative approval.
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo