Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed has charged governments at various levels to do more to reduce current levels of youth unemployment and restiveness in the current.
The governor also restated his government’s commitment to sponsoring 195 students with full scholarship to commence entrepreneurship training at the International Vocational Technical and Entrepreneurship College (IVTEC), Ajase-Ipo, Kwara State.
Ahmed who decried the rate of jobless youths in the country, maintained that youths require to be properly guided, trained and transited into current economic realities to enable them live meaningful lives.
He however called on contractors, corporate bodies, organisations and individuals to sponsor youths to the college as part of their social responsibilities and as a way of meaningfully engaging the youths.
According to him, “the college was established to provide youths with entrepreneurship skills that will enable them key into the current economic challenges, stating that at the end of their training, they will be supported by government through Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs).
“Gone were the days when youths depended on government to secure white collar jobs. Today, government’s preoccupation is to create enabling environment for youths to acquire prerequisite trainings to be independent and self-reliance.”
Earlier, the Director- General Kwara State Public Private Partnership (KP3) and Chief Econonic Assistant to the Governor, Mr. Yomi Ogunsola said the contractor handling the Light Up Kwara Project had decided to sponsor and empower 25 indigenes of the state to acquire entrepreneurship skills at the college.
Responding on behalf of contractors, Engr. Kola Shittu thanked the Governor for ensuring that such school was established in the state with assurances that they will sponsor students with full scholarship to be trained in the college.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92