The Kwara State Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed has signed the People With Disabilities (Amendment) Bill 2017 into law.
Governor Ahmed said that with the law in place, the rights and privileges of the physically challenged persons in the State would be well protected against any form of discrimination.
He added that the signing of the bill reflects his administration’s commitment to inclusiveness that allows equal rights, privileges and opportunities for all categories of people.
According to him, all Kwarans irrespective of their physical condition are entitled to benefit from and participate in governance in the State.
The governor assured that the State government would continue to protect the rights of persons living with disabilities.
He stated further that the new law would give the affected people a sense of belonging, provide them opportunities and enable them contribute to the development of the State in their various capacities.
The State House of Assembly had recently passed the bill to strengthen the rights and privileges of physically challenged people in the State.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES