Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed has sworn-in a new Grand Khadi for the State Shariah Court. He is Hon. Muhammed Ola Abdulkadir.
ROYAL NEWS reports that at the event, the governor also called on members of the Judiciary to stand against corruption and uphold the rule of law.
According to him, “recent happenings on alleged corruption against some members of the judiciary make the public question the integrity of the judiciary.”
According to the governor, “judges across the country should be bold, fearless, incorruptible, follow the principles of the constitution and promote democracy,” noting that the integrity, independence and impartiality of the judiciary are essential to promoting human rights and fostering development.
Governor Ahmed said that “judiciary must be inclusive and promote social justice. ensuring equal treatment of all before the law goes a long way in building trust in the credibility of the judicial system”.
The Governor stressed that all citizens must have unrestricted and equal access to justice at all times and the rights of all must be protected regardless of gender, age or status stating that justice helps society create organized human relations and forms the basis of strong institutions and god governance.
Earlier, the Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Barrister Kamaldeen Ajibade had said the newly sworn-in Grand Kadi has satisfied all the constitutional provisions relating to the appointment noting that the Governor has always placed high premium on the welfare of judicial officers in the state.
Responding, the Grand Kadi pledged to live up to the expectation of the people and promised to reflect transparency, honesty, justice and accountability in the judicial system, adding that he will build upon the legacies of his predecessors.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal