Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed has tasked financial institutions in the country to strengthen their corporate social responsibilities with a view to contributing to the growth of the nation.
Governor Ahmed who made the call in Ilorin when he received Chief Executive Officer of Sterling Bank Plc, Mr. Yemi Adeola at the Government House, identified corporate social responsibility initiative as key in supporting the government and the society in general.
Governor Ahmed explained that environmental issues are critical for development and attributed poor public health system to low productivity in Nigeria.
The Governor appreciated the bank for buying into the state’s Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF), saying such support would give impetus to the government to do more for the people of the state.
Governor Ahmed also sought the support of developmental partners in providing critical infrastructure across the state.
Speaking earlier, the Chief Executive Officer of the Bank, Mr. Yemi Adeola told the Governor that the Bank was donating one thousand sweepers uniforms to the state government as part of its support to the government’s clean and green programme.
Mr. Adeola who identified Ilorin as one of the neatest states in Nigeria said a healthy environment breeds healthy economy.
Facebook Comments Box
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List