The General Managers of Ogun State Broadcasting Corporation, Tunde Awolana; and General Manager, Ogun State Television, Dele Bolujoko, have been asked to proceed on compulsory retirement from the public service of the state.
The Head of Service, Abayomi Sobande, in a statement on Wednesday evening said the retirement of the two affected general managers takes immediate effect.
It read, “On behalf of the Governor of Ogun State, I wish to seize this opportunity to appreciate the contributions of these General Managers to the development of the State and wish them success in their future endeavours.
“The most senior management staff of the two government agencies are hereby directed to take over the management of the agencies pending further directives from the office of the Head of Service.”
Their retirements, sources said, might not be unconnected with the crisis rocking the station over unpaid four-month salaries, among other issues.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC