Obaseki stated this in a statement, commending him for always showcasing the indomitable Edo spirit to the world.
Usman, at the weekend, defeated his rival, Jorge Masvidal, in a rematch with a vicious second-round knockout, to retain the UFC welterweight championship.
“I congratulate our own Kamaru Usman for retaining his title as the undisputed welterweight champion of UFC.
“The ‘Nigerian Nightmare’ once again shines brightly as an Edo Star, showcasing the indomitable Edo spirit to the world.
“He has again put his name on the short list of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world.
“I celebrated the undisputed champion for his agility, vigour and confidence, commending him for always showcasing the indomitable Edo spirit to the world.
“We are proud of his achievements and wish him more victories in his career,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate