Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State has paid, more than N1 billion into the Retirement Savings Account (RSA’s) of 246 retirees in the state’s public service for October.
Mr Babalola Obilana, Director General, Lagos State Pension Commission (LASPEC), made the diaclosure in a statement on Sunday in Lagos.
“A total of one billion, three million, three hundred and seventy-four thousand, three hundred and seventy-two Naira, sixty-eight kobo was paid,” Obilana said.
He explained that the beneficiaries, included employees from the mainstream service, Local Government Service, State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB), Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) and other parastatals of the state government.
According to him, Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has consistently paid the monthly entitlements of retirees and backlog of some unpaid pension inherited from previous administrations.
The director-general congratulated all the retirees for rendering meritorious service to the state.
Obilana said that in spite of the state of the nation and aftermath of the global COVID-19 pandemic, the state government in line with the vision of a greater Lagos and its commitment to financial freedom for the state’s retirees, ensured the payment of pension entitlements.
“This shows the commitment of Gov. Sanwo-Olu to the welfare of the pensioners in the state,” he said.
The director-general enlightened the retirees on the two payment options available for accessing their monthly pension entitlements which is the Programme Withdrawal and Life Annuity.
He urged the retirees to understand the details of the two options and choose the most appropriate option suitable for their situation
Contact: [email protected]
- First Bank team visits KAM Holding CEO, Kamoru Yusuf in Ilorin
- After jumping bail, EFCC produces fugitive ex-pension boss Maina in court
- Osun Assembly to work speedily on Bill to protect people living with disabilities
- Sanction contractors who fail to complete projects, FRC advises MDAs
- Children with disabilities most disadvantaged during COVID-19 – UNICEF
- Verdict expected as trial of exiled journalist resumes in Turkey
- FG approves charges on new Lagos-Ibadan rail
- Libyan justice ministry welcomes lifting of travel ban on Gadhafi family members
- Lawyer solicits support for orphanages
- India’s central bank projects faster economic recovery
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)