The Kwara State Governor, Alhaji AbdulFatah Ahmed is to present 2019 Budget Estimates, to the State House of Assembly on Tuesday next week.
The presentation of the budget estimate to the House at eleven o’clock in the morning for legislative approval was contained in his message to the Speaker, Dr.Ali Ahmad and read by the Deputy Speaker, Chief Mathew Okedare, at the floor of the House.
The Governor had in his letter explained that” preparatory to the effective running of government apparatus in year 2019,the budget proposal for year in question has been put together and ready” for presentation to the House for legislative approval.
This according to him was in accordance with Section 121,sub section (1) of the nation’s constitution.
Also, a valedictory session for the late pioneer Speaker of the House ,Senator Shehu Usman comes up on Wednesday in Ilorin.
The House Leader,Hon. Hassan Oyeleke, who gave the indication at the floor of the House, said the special session for the late pioneer Speaker became expedient in view of his modest contributions to the nation’s parliamentary democracy.
He therefore enjoined his immediate family, friends and political associates to be part of the valedictory session, for the departed pioneer Speaker.
Senator Shehu Usman who was the Speaker of the House, between 1979-1983, represented Lafiagi Constituency on the platform of the defunct National Party of Nigeria(NPN), died last Monday and was buried according Islamic injunctions at his home town Lafiagi.
Abdul Rahman Sanni
Chief Press Secretary to the Speaker, Kwara State House of Assembly
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community