The Senior Special Assistant to the Kwara State Governor on Security Intelligence, Dr. Abdulsalam Bolakale Suleiman, has advocated for adequate legislation in the country to deal with kidnapping crime.
Abdulsalam, a Security Expert made the suggestion in Ilorin ,the Kwara State capital while answering questions on a Radio Kwara personality interview programme , “Playing Host” as monitored by ROYAL NEWS.
The Governor’s aide observed that states across the country have various penalties for kidnapping but said if a legislation was passed by the National Assembly, it would ensure uniformity in the penalty and drastically reduce that aspect of criminality.
According to him, “Kidnapping is a global crime which initially started with liberation struggle in the Niger Delta before it graduated to kidnapping. Let me commend the leadership of the Kwara State House of Assembly for its efforts to promulgate a law to eradicate the wave of crime in the State.
“Since the state house of Assembly has promulgated the law against cultism, there has been sign of relief in tertiary institutions in the state but however.”
He further stressed the need for security operatives to be well equipped with modern arms and equipment.
Dr. Abdulsalam disclosed that crime can not be eliminated completely all over the world but rather be prevented and appealed to Nigerians particularly Kwarans to be pro-active by providing security operatives timely and accurate information to neutralize emerging treats and crimes.
The Security Expert however warned that lack of employment is not an excuse for anyone to engage in crime lamenting that moral values that was invoke in the past is no longer in practice as parents and guardians no longer have firm grip of their children.
The Senior Special Assistant stated that the state government had made tremendous efforts to checkmate all forms of crimes adding that security management is one of the greatest concern of the state Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed.
Abdulsalam therefore cautioned traders against hawking by the roadside to avoid accidents and possible breakdown of law and order and commended security operatives in the Operation Harmony for responding positively to all distress calls and described the State Commissioner of Police, Mr Olushola Amore as a pro-active and intelligent police officer.
- (See Pictures) Court sends 20 internet fraudsters to jail in Oyo
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin