The Kebbi State Governor, Sen. Abubakar Atiku-Bagudu accompanied by his Jigawa State counterpart, Alhaji Muhammed Badaru-Abubakar have joined hundreds of mourners at the funeral prayer of late Alhaji Yahaya Bawa (Tafidan Gwandu) in Jega, Kebbi State.
Late Yahaya Bawa died on Friday at the age of 97 at the Federal Medical Center, Birnin Kebbi after a protracted illness.
Malam Yahaya Sarki, Special Adviser to Gov. Abubakar Atiku-Bagudu on Media, made this known in a statement made available to ROYAL NEWS in Birnin Kebbi on Saturday.
Hundreds of sympathisers during the funeral prayer of late Yaaya Bawa (Tafidan Gwandu) held in Jega town, Kebbi State on Friday
Sarki said the nonagenarian left behind four wives, 56 children and 342 grand children.
He was the first Chairman of Jega Local Government Area in 1976 after the local government service reform, Chairman of Pilgrims Welfare Agency in the then Sokoto State in 1980 as well as Board member of Delta Steel Company among others.
The deceased also served as the Chairman of United Nigeria Congress Party (UNCP) and All Peoples Party (APP).
He was buried at his home town, Jega, Kebbi State according to Islamic rites on Friday.
Condoling the family members, the governors prayed to Almighty Allah to grant him Aljannat Firdaus and give the family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal