Greek-based Nigerian NBA star, Giannis Antetokounmpo wins Valuable Player Award
Greek-Based Nigerian NBA star, Giannis Antetokounmpo who plays for Milwaukee Bucks basketball team in the US, has been named the Most Valuable Player Award for second straight season.
The 25-year-old star becomes the third player in league history to win MVP and Defensive Player of the Year in the same season, joining only Hall of Famers Michael Jordan and Hakeem Olajuwon. He is also the 12th player in history to win the NBA’s MVP award twice in a row.
Antetokounmpo beat out James Harden of the Houston Rockets and LeBron James of the Los Angeles Lakers to win the award.
Antetokounmpo earned 962 total points from a global panel of 100 sportswriters and broadcasters as well as the Kia NBA Most Valuable Player Award fan vote. Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James finished in second place with 753 points, while Houston Rockets guard James Harden finished in third place with 367 points.
Giannis Antetokounmpo was born in Greece to Nigerian parents, Charles and Veronica Antetokounmpo.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- What Buhari told Nigerians in his 38–paragraph final address
- Yoruba nation promoters take over FG Radio station, declares self-govt
- President Buhari confers citizenship on 385 foreigners
- I have made Nigeria better– Buhari insists
- Bakare utters suprising statements as Tinubu takes over power tomorrow
- Tuition increment: 2 UNIABUJA students expelled
- Defence Minister hand-over to Perm Sec., Ibrahim Kana
- Lagos to ban parking on roads
- South-east eternally grateful for Second Niger Bridge completion– Soludo
- Buhari, Shettima, Sultan, others attend Inauguration in Abuja