Coalition of Health Sector Unions has commended Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq for approving the implementation of the 2019 adjudged CONHESS, calling him a Peoples’ Governor who prioritises the welfare of the people, including workers.
In a letter of commendation to the Governor, the unions said they are impressed with “your swift and untiring efforts for the release of circular for the implementation of the 2019 adjusted Consolidated Health Salary Scale (CONHESS) for all categories of health workers in the state”.
This is contained in a statement issued by the Governor’s Spokesman, Rafiu Ajakaye.
“The Unions also appreciate you sincerely on your efforts in building good health facilities, promotion of our teeming members, payment of salaries as and when due, coupled with your administrative sagacity, we say kudos to you, and crown you as people’s Governor,” according to the letter jointly signed by COHESU State Chairman Comrade Murtala Saheed Olayinka and State Secretary Comrade Markus Luka.
The unions also appealed to the government to give clearer directive on the issue of Primary Healthcare Under One Roof (PHCOUR) which they said would deepen efficient service delivery in the health sector.
The appreciation comes few days after the UITH chapter of the Association of Resident Doctors applauded the Governor for his unprecedented achievements in the health sector, including the commencement of the residency training in the state-owned general hospital.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated