Ahead of the forthcoming general election, a Non-Governmental Organization, Re-Orientation Advocacy of Nigeria (RAN), has began peace building workshops for grassroots youths in states across Niger Delta in collaboration with the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC ).
This was disclosed by the National Coordinator of the Re-Orientation Advocacy Foundation of Nigeria Mr. Charles Olufemi Folayan at the Flag off of the programme, in Calabar and Uyo.
He said the workshop with the theme: “Peace Building as a catalyst for Sustainable Development” focuses on reducing politically motivated violence, kidnapping, thuggery and other social vices among the youth of the region.
The programme also seeks to create an enabling platform for dialogue between the youths and relevant stakeholders, to educate, inspire, motivate, and challenge them on peace building, conflict resolution and national development.
Mr. Folayan added that the platform is to create within the youths a deep sense of responsibility towards making a concise effort on National Development and to reawaken them to constructively participate in governance, peace building and conflicts resolution in their various communities and through the social media platforms.
According to him, “while we recognize the power of the social media, we must be conscious of its potential risks and limitations, due to its inherent capability of enhancing the quick spread of false rumors which usually lead to misinformation and crisis.”
He therefore urged the youth not to allow themselves to be used to push out fake information that can destroy the entire Nation.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ