Members of National Coalition Group ( NCG) were in Ilorin, Kwara State on Wednesday to seek the support of the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari for the presidential ambition of Vice- President Yemi Osinbajo.
The leader of the group, Dr Eli Dibia requested the Emir to help canvass for emergence of someone who will be president for all Nigerians come 2023.
” We are in Ilorin to seek the Emir’s support for Osinbajo. Emir should help canvas for a president that will be for all Nigerians, who will build on legacies of President Buhari,” he
Dibia insisted that Osinbajo remains the best presidential candidate that the All Progressives Congress (APC) can field for the 2023 presidential elections.
Warning the APC leadership against fielding a wrong candidate for the elections, Dibia posited that:”The only person that the opposition is afraid of is Osinbajo. If we make the mistake of not fielding appropriate candidate, APC may lose to the opposition.
Eulogising Osinbajo’s leadership qualities, the team leader pointed out that the vice presidentdrafted the legal frame work for the development of Lagos.
“He ( Osinbajo) understands the economy. He has the capacity to serve Nigerians. He’s a loyal VP. We want a servant president,” he added
Responding, the Emir of Ilorin, Alh Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari prayed God to grant the country a peaceful transition in 2023.
While acknowledging the federal government’s efforts at curtailing various security challenges confronting the country, the monarch prayed for the restoration of peace to all the nook and crannies of the country.
He thanked the pro- Osinbajo presidency team for the visit and wish them well in their programmes.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA