Members of National Coalition Group ( NCG) were in Ilorin, Kwara State on Wednesday to seek the support of the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari for the presidential ambition of Vice- President Yemi Osinbajo.
The leader of the group, Dr Eli Dibia requested the Emir to help canvass for emergence of someone who will be president for all Nigerians come 2023.
” We are in Ilorin to seek the Emir’s support for Osinbajo. Emir should help canvas for a president that will be for all Nigerians, who will build on legacies of President Buhari,” he
Dibia insisted that Osinbajo remains the best presidential candidate that the All Progressives Congress (APC) can field for the 2023 presidential elections.
Warning the APC leadership against fielding a wrong candidate for the elections, Dibia posited that:”The only person that the opposition is afraid of is Osinbajo. If we make the mistake of not fielding appropriate candidate, APC may lose to the opposition.
Eulogising Osinbajo’s leadership qualities, the team leader pointed out that the vice presidentdrafted the legal frame work for the development of Lagos.
“He ( Osinbajo) understands the economy. He has the capacity to serve Nigerians. He’s a loyal VP. We want a servant president,” he added
Responding, the Emir of Ilorin, Alh Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari prayed God to grant the country a peaceful transition in 2023.
While acknowledging the federal government’s efforts at curtailing various security challenges confronting the country, the monarch prayed for the restoration of peace to all the nook and crannies of the country.
He thanked the pro- Osinbajo presidency team for the visit and wish them well in their programmes.
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus