Headfort Foundation , an NGO, has sensitised the inmates of Special Boys Correctional Center, Sabo, on fundamental human rights.
Itunuoluwa Awolu , Communications Director of the Foundation, told the News Agency of Nigeria on Saturday in Lagos on the sidelines of the event that the sensitisation was part of the foundation’s ” My Rights, My Freedom Project”.
The project aims at explaining the Chapter four of the Nigeria’s constitution and simplifying it for easy understanding.
“Now, what this project entails is that we have simplified the chapter four of the 1999 Constitution into easy- to-read English for people to understand better so that it is not just the lawyers that know what the rights are.
“These are the rights that affect everyone.
“ So, everyone should be aware and we did not just simplify them, we went far to translate them into different language’s,” Awolu said.
She said it was important for the inmates to understand and know the limits of their rights to be able to fit properly into the society.
According to her, children who are not directly under the care of their parents need to understand these basic rights to avoid being manipulated in future.
NAN reports that the foundation has been offering pro bono legal services to the underprivileged in the society.
So far, they have helped 332 persons out of the correctional center through their services.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide