A group of young entrepreneurs, Tannep Prime Concept Limited, says it has trained 300 youths in Adamawa on modern farming technology and marketing of farm produce to make them self-reliant.
Mr Alamin Iya, the group Head of Operation said this in an interview with ROYAL NEWS, in Yola on Tuesday.
He said the training was aimed at exposing the youth to modern farming techniques towards creating wealth and ensuring food security in the country.
He said the beneficiaries were drawn from 15 communities across Ganye, Maiha, Ndikong Local Government Areas (LGAs) of the state.
“We have invested N30 million on the programme.
“Our key strategy is to support our farmers through provisional inputs loan. Considering the fact that our farmers are in the rural communities and have limited access to financial knowledge.
“We provide them with loans inform of agricultural inputs directly in order to minimise the risk of funds deviation,” he said.
According to him, most of the beneficiaries have utilised the opportunity and this has granted them access to new loans.
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed
- Breaking…. IPMAN orders fuel stations to shutdown operations