By Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna
The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III, has been called upon to ensure hasty conduct of the election for the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Associations of Nigeria (MACBAN), in order to avoid uncertainty and vacuum that will bring crises.
A statement issued by concerned member of MACBAN Thursday in Kaduna pointed out that it’s In line with the Constitution and doctrine of regulations guiding the workings and overall activities of Miyetti Allah which indicated in clear terms the process of election of leaders and their tenure respectively.
The statement signed by the Concerned Chairman and Secretary, Alhaji Abdulkareem Bayero, and Abdul Bonga Maikono respectively expressed deep concerned and worried over delayed of the association’s election even after the tenure of the present leadership had expired.
“However, we are deeply concerned and worried that election have not been scheduled even after the tenure of the present leadership had expired.
“It’s equally worthy of note to appreciate the fact that MACBAN does not accommodate self perpetuation in power but due process of internal democracy and freedom of choice of who should be the next leaders in a free and fair contest”, it stated.
It added that, “As concern members of the association, we’ll therefore continue to call and draw the attention of the Sultanate and the Emirs of Kano, Zazzau, the Lamido of Adamawa and Emir of Katsina who constitute the BoT to compel the leadership of MACBAN whose tenure have expired to quickly conduct election for various positions which should be seen to be free and fair.
“The MACBAN of Nigeria is for all of us whose existence has served the interest of numerous members. It’s the only democratic pastoralists association in the entire country that produces its leaders and leadership through elections.
“It has structures from Wards, Local Government Areas, States and national and should not allow not its structures to be wasted.
“In view of the foregoing, we are compel to call for His Eminence the Sultan of Sokoto to hasten the conduct of election in the association in order to avoid uncertainty, vacuum that will bring crisis”, it stated.
While appreciating them, the group also thanked the respected BOT members for their patience, forbearance and concerned they showed for the organization to progress and remains United.
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78