In an advert made around the state and social media, a group identified as Sugartee had scheduled July 7 for the commencement of the longest world kissing marathon in a popular amusement park in Ado, the state capital.
A letter addressed to the Ekiti State Hoteliers Association dated July 3, 2023, by the Ministry of Arts and Culture and signed by the Director of Tourism, Adebanji Adelusi, noted that the planned event tagged ‘Kiss-a-thon ‘ was capable of denigrating the image of the state.
“Kiss-a-thon” as an event is not only absurd, immoral, unhealthy and capable of denigrating the image of Ekiti, it is a programme that runs counter to the values of the people of the state and, therefore, capable of plunging our youths morally backwards.
“Following this, the Ministry of Arts, Culture and Tourism hereby prohibits such an event or any related events like it in any facility that wishes to continue to operate lawfully in Ekiti State.
- (PHOTOS) NLC Protest: Mammoth crowd hit Abuja streets over hardship
- Oyebanji Unveils N12bn Economic Relief Programme
- (PHOTOS) Ex-Finance Minister, Okonjo-Iweala bags Timor Leste’s second highest national honour
- Kwara CP sues for peaceful demonstration ahead of planned protest (FULL STATEMENT)
- Nnamdi Kanu knows fate on fresh bail battle March 19
- Ex-DSP, Ekweremadu commends Nigerians for solidarity, prayers
- 16, 920 applicants jostle for UNILORIN’s admission
- 3 kids of same parents die of suffocation in Ilorin
- SERAP sues Wike, 36 govs ‘over failure to account for missing N40trn LGAs allocations’
- Lifted sanctions: Begin democratic process now, Northern Senators task Niger