DSP Toochukwu Ikenga, Police Public Relations Officer of the Police Command in Anambra, confirmed the incident in a statement issued on Tuesday in Awka.
Ikenga said that security personnel had launched a rescue operation to ensure that the victims were safely reunited with their families unhurt.
“The guests (names withheld) were kidnapped at gunpoint at about 10.00 p.m. on the Akpo – Nkpologwu road in Aguata Local Area of Anambra.
“About 15 of the guest were returning to the hotel from Achina, venue of the marriage, in a convoy of three vehicles when they ran into the abductors, but only the first car was able to escape.
“The gunmen asked all the ladies to go and took five of the men away after shooting into the air,” the source explained.
The source added that the abductors were yet to make any contact with the victims’ families. (NAN)
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules