DSP Toochukwu Ikenga, Police Public Relations Officer of the Police Command in Anambra, confirmed the incident in a statement issued on Tuesday in Awka.
Ikenga said that security personnel had launched a rescue operation to ensure that the victims were safely reunited with their families unhurt.
“The guests (names withheld) were kidnapped at gunpoint at about 10.00 p.m. on the Akpo – Nkpologwu road in Aguata Local Area of Anambra.
“About 15 of the guest were returning to the hotel from Achina, venue of the marriage, in a convoy of three vehicles when they ran into the abductors, but only the first car was able to escape.
“The gunmen asked all the ladies to go and took five of the men away after shooting into the air,” the source explained.
The source added that the abductors were yet to make any contact with the victims’ families. (NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- FAAN inaugurates App for airport taxi
- LASU aims to become best varsity in W’Africa — VC
- Poverty not for any true child of God— RCCG Pastor
- Tinubu was never a minister, Osinbajo was commissioner when I was Speaker— Amaechi
- With your support, I will win – Tinubu tells Bauchi delegates
- Why Kano APC Delegates Should Vote Me — Amaechi
- APC Governorship aspirant resigns from party
- Court sentences 27yr-old student for illicit drug trafficking
- Breaking….. Buhari orders embattled Accountant-General’s suspension
- Deborah: Stop escalation of jungle justice across Nigeria, govt urged