Barely four days after six persons at Darka village in Kuje Area Council were kidnapped by unknown gunmen, suspected to be Fulani herdsmen, five more persons were at the weekend kidnapped in Huni-Gade, five kilometres away from Darka village.
The suspected herdsmen on Friday night, 18th November, at about 1:30 am launched another attack at Huni Gade community five, kilometres away from Darka community kidnapping five more, taking the men to an unknown destination, bringing the number to 11 persons.
Confirming the development in a telephone interview, the Special Assistant to the council chairman said the incident has thrown the entire community into fear as their daily life activities have been crippled following the overrunning of the entire community by the gunmen whose operation is yet to be halted by security agencies.
The council chairman Hon. Abdullahi Danladi Galadima has condemned the attack and appealed for calm as the council in collaboration with FCT Minister are taking necessary steps to ensure the safe release of those in captivity.
He said adequate security personnel, comprising the military, police, DSS and Anti-Kidnap Squad of the Police have been drafted to the affected areas.
However, there was no official statement from the FCT Police Command as the text messages sent to the PPRO was not answered at the time of filling this report
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign