An unknown gunmen have allegedly kidnapped a Catholic priest, Rev.Fr.Lawrence Adorolo, along Auchi-Okpella highway.
The Catholic Bishop of Auchi Diocese, Most Rev. Gabriel Dunia, on Thursday confirmed the abduction the clergyman by some unidentified gunmen. Read also: New-born baby abandoned in a car with cash, birth certificate
Dunia confirmed the abduction at a press conference held in Auchi, Etsako West Local Government Area of Edo State.
According to the bishop, the priest was kidnapped along the Auchi-Okpella highway on Wednesday evening, stating that, “Rev. Fr. Adorolo was on his way back from Auchi to his parish, St. Benedict Catholic Church, Okpella, when he was abducted by unknown gunmen at the bad spot near Okpella at about 6.00pm on Wednesday evening.”
The bishop condemned the act, saying that the abductors committed an abominable act by keeping a priest who offers selfless service to God and humanity for ransom, “The abductors have made contact with the church for ransom. The church does not pay ransom, as it is not a profit-making organisation.” Read also: 2019 election: I’m the best candidate, Fayose declares
He however called on security agencies to ensure unconditional release of the priest, saying: “The diocese is calling for an unconditional release of the priest. We are holding a mass for the unconditional release of the priest.”
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house
- NiMet alerts on thick dust haze in Kano, Katsina, others
- Naira redesigned: Maximum cash withdrawal now N100,000
- Samuel Eto’o attacks man outside stadium in Qatar
- NBA President shuns call to bar ceremony presided over by Olanipekun
- Media Watch Group Carpets Security Agencies Over ‘State Of The Nation’
- FG developed Lagos, not Tinubu– Atiku
- Chatham House: Atiku group berates Tinubu’s conduct
- Chatham House: Tinubu clarifies his age, paternity