Former Chairman of Olamaboro Local Government Area of Kogi State, Barrister Isaac Emmanuel Ekpa has been abducted by unknown gunmen.
Ekpa was abducted on Friday December 18, around Ochadamu in Ofu Local Government Area of the state while on his way to his country home in preparation for his late father’s burial.
Police spokesperson in the state, Williams Ayah who confirmed the incident said they found an abandoned ID card in the vehicle bearing the name Emmanuel Isaac Ekpa, apparently indicating he was kidnapped by gunmen. He added that some officers have been deployed to track the culprits and rescue the victim.
Channels Television reported that the kidnappers are demanding a ransom of N25 million, while the family of the victim are negotiating to pay N1 million.
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo