Former Chairman of Olamaboro Local Government Area of Kogi State, Barrister Isaac Emmanuel Ekpa has been abducted by unknown gunmen.
Ekpa was abducted on Friday December 18, around Ochadamu in Ofu Local Government Area of the state while on his way to his country home in preparation for his late father’s burial.
Police spokesperson in the state, Williams Ayah who confirmed the incident said they found an abandoned ID card in the vehicle bearing the name Emmanuel Isaac Ekpa, apparently indicating he was kidnapped by gunmen. He added that some officers have been deployed to track the culprits and rescue the victim.
Channels Television reported that the kidnappers are demanding a ransom of N25 million, while the family of the victim are negotiating to pay N1 million.
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74