Former Chairman of Olamaboro Local Government Area of Kogi State, Barrister Isaac Emmanuel Ekpa has been abducted by unknown gunmen.
Ekpa was abducted on Friday December 18, around Ochadamu in Ofu Local Government Area of the state while on his way to his country home in preparation for his late father’s burial.
Police spokesperson in the state, Williams Ayah who confirmed the incident said they found an abandoned ID card in the vehicle bearing the name Emmanuel Isaac Ekpa, apparently indicating he was kidnapped by gunmen. He added that some officers have been deployed to track the culprits and rescue the victim.
Channels Television reported that the kidnappers are demanding a ransom of N25 million, while the family of the victim are negotiating to pay N1 million.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Oyo Yahoo-Corper’ Jailed, Loses House, Car, N.9m Cash, other Valuables to FG in Ilorin
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA