DIVISIONAL Police Officer, DPO, in charge of Nasarawa-Eggon Local Government Area of Nasarawa State, CSP Haruna Abdulmalik has been abducted and taken to an unknown destination.
The DPO, who was said to be on a regular patrol was reportedly kidnapped along Arikya-Bakyono, off Nasarawa-Eggon – Akwanga road at the late hours of Thursday when he encountered the gunmen around Bakyano.
Nigerian Pilot gathered that the police officer’s family has since been contacted by the abductors, demanding for the sum of N5million ransom.
Confirming the incident, Deputy Chairman of the Local Government Council, Engr. Benjamin Kuze said the CSP was kidnaped at about 9pm in the area in Bakyono road.
He told our Correspondent in a telephone conversation that efforts to reach the DPO has not yielded positive result as at the time of the interview.
All efforts to reach the Public Relations Officer, PPRO of the state police command proved abortive as his cell phone was switched off as at press time.
- Late KWASU VC: University Releases Appreciation Notification
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi