Suspected gunmen have killed a senior staff of the Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi, Abubakar Garba Muhammad, at his residence at Burshin Fulani along Bauchi – Dass road in Bauchi state on Saturday, September 4 around 2.30am.
According to reports, the late Abubakar Garba Muhammad came out of his apartment on a rescue mission after hearing the scream of one of his sons who was struggling with the gunmen before he was shot and killed.
His death was announced on the institution’s social media page.
“Innalillahi wa Inna ilahir rajiun. Unknown Gunmen killed one of our staff, Chief Engineer, Abubakar Garba Muhammad (Babangida Birshi) of Directorate of Physical Planning around 2:30am at his residence in Burshin Fulani.
His Funeral (Jana’iza) prayer as announced by the family will be held by 9:00am in Burshin Fulani Mosque, behind his house.
May Allah forgive his shortcomings and grant his soul Jannatil Firdausi,” the post reads.
Spokesperson of the state police command, SP Ahmed Wakili, who confirmed the incident, said the deceased was shot in the neck and died on the spot.
“Our men who rushed to the scene evacuated him to the teaching hospital where the medical team on duty certified him dead.
Our patrol team stationed at the main gate of the Polytechnic on hearing gunshots from the direction at about 4 am, quickly mobilised and rushed to the area and on sighting the light of the patrol van, the gunmen fled”Wakili said
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo