The spokesman for the command, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Lagos that the Inspector was inside a tricycle when he was shot.
The spokesman, however, said that the command had commenced investigation to track and arrest the gunmen.
Hundeyin said that the tricycle driver was arrested for questioning after the incident, but released with an instruction to appear again on Thursday to assist with the investigation.
The image maker said that the inspector was posted to a bank, but that the incident didn’t happen at his duty post.
“He had left and was going somewhere inside a tricycle. He actually hired the tricycle and was the only passenger.
“He was attacked, shot and his service pistol taken away. It happened in the afternoon around 3.00 p.m., he died in the night,” the spokesman said.
He said that the identity of the deceased would only be revealed after contacting his family members.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC