The spokesman for the command, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Lagos that the Inspector was inside a tricycle when he was shot.
The spokesman, however, said that the command had commenced investigation to track and arrest the gunmen.
Hundeyin said that the tricycle driver was arrested for questioning after the incident, but released with an instruction to appear again on Thursday to assist with the investigation.
The image maker said that the inspector was posted to a bank, but that the incident didn’t happen at his duty post.
“He had left and was going somewhere inside a tricycle. He actually hired the tricycle and was the only passenger.
“He was attacked, shot and his service pistol taken away. It happened in the afternoon around 3.00 p.m., he died in the night,” the spokesman said.
He said that the identity of the deceased would only be revealed after contacting his family members.
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline